Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
Wood Elementary is a place where all children are important, learning is engaging, and dreams are encouraged.
Wood Elementary is LEADING and LEARNING.
- Students are our first priority. Every decision and action must be based on the needs of students.
- Engaging, rigorous, innovative, and collaborative learning experiences are essential across all content areas.
- High-performing Professional Learning Communities, anchored in a structured data analysis process, support effective, continuous professional growth and development for educators.
- Technology fluency enables students, teachers, and administrators to communicate, critically process information, and solve problems.
- Acknowledgement of every student’s uniqueness and value is essential in developing relationships and fostering each student’s full potential.
- Life and career characteristics, such as perseverance, integrity, and work ethic, are critical for students’ success.
- Community involvement is imperative for each and every student’s success in Lexington Two.